>> KEY SKILLS
- MySQL/SQL server
- Debian Linux (Ubuntu/Linux Mint)
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Server 2003/2008
- Mac OSX
Web Developer (Freelance)12/2013 - Present
Tasked with building a secure bespoke registration system used by the UK Police and metal smelters for the detection and recovery of stolen metals.
1st Line Support, 2nd Line Support and Web Developer02/2011 - 12/2012
- Promoted to Web Developer - Responsible for development of new and existing functionality to the companies MVC based CMS product written in ColdFusion 9 with the ability to use both MySQL and SQL server database engines.
- Promoted to 2nd Line Support - Responsible for fixing time consuming and difficult bugs within the companies CMS product, maintaining and deploying network infrastructure along with routine maintenance of the companies servers.
- 1st Line Support - Dealt with customers on a first hand basis via telephone and the companies proprietary ticketing system. Responsibilities included fixing and patching bugs in the companies deployed CMS product as well as implimenting and deploying minor commissioned work for various hosted websites. This role also included internal desktop IT support.
I had to leave this position due to illness which I have now recovered from.
Assistant Manager01/2011 - 02/2011
Stock controller and IT support02/2007 - 07/2010
IBP Ltd. (Haslemere)
My responsibilities included stock management, shipping, production, maintenance of equipment and technical support to clients and engineers. Assisted in research and development of new products including improvements to existing products. Took over management of the companies Windows 2003 domain and Exchange mail service. I also constructed and maintained a LAMP server hosting several websites built using PHP/XHTML/CSS. I had to leave this position due to redundancy.
Mini-lab operator07/2006 - 01/2007
Raymond Reid Photographic (Haslemere)
Assistant Manager07/2004 - 09/2005
Cashier09/2001 - 01/2004
Foundation year: BEng Electronic/Electrical Engineering (University of Sussex)09/2005 - 06/2006
The original course applied for was cancelled. The unviversity recommended the above course as a replacement. After completing the first year I found the course wasn't in my area of interest.
National Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering (Guildford College)09/2001 - 07/2003
City & Guilds Electronic Servicing Part 1 (Guildford College)09/2001 - 07/2002
8 GCSE’s (Woolmer Hill School)09/1996 - 07/2001
>> INTERESTS & HOBBIES
I am an avid PC gamer that enjoys attending social gaming events (LAN parties) across the UK. I also enjoy airsofting, angling and hobby electronics.